That’s a message I’m constantly pushing through this blog.
The idea of building a better body is just one component of the overall mission – becoming a better and stronger version of yourself in all aspects of life.
Note that I say ‘better’, not ‘best’ because I feel that saying ‘best’ would imply that there’s an end goal.
A finish line.
Which I don’t really believe exists.
Becoming a better version of yourself is a constantly changing, always challenging, life-long pursuit. It is never-ending. Every day is an opportunity to make progress. To learn something new. To achieve a new goal. To build a better habit.
Every day is an opportunity to be a little bit better than you were yesterday.
So in the spirit of being better, I’ve create a list of 100 little – somewhat simple – things you can do to today to make yourself a little bit better.
- Drink more water.
- Explore beyond your comfort zone.
- Minimize your consumption of carbohydrates.
- Eat lots of healthy fats.
- Put yourself first.
- Do something to make someone else smile.
Join a tribe.
- Learn a new, interesting fact about a topic you have no familiarity with.
- Try fasting for 24 hours. See how you feel.
- Introduce yourself to somebody new.
Do something that scares you every single day.
- Put your phone away when you’re talking to someone.
- Take a cold shower to prove to yourself that you can.
Find a new hobby.
- Start learning a new language.
- Read a book you thought you’d never read.
- Read one book in one day to prove to yourself that you can.
- Help out a complete stranger.
- Get off your ass as much as you can (literally and figuratively).
- Never go to bed angry.
- Punch stubborness in the face.
- Learn to love kettlebells. They can save your life.
- Start a journal and keep track of your thoughts. Don’t let the good ones fade.
- Say no to things that you don’t want to do.
- Find some time to take yourself out and treat yourself for being so awesome.
- Remember that there’s no one out there like you.
- Sit back and analyse your fears. You’ll begin to realize that they’re not rational.
- Don’t let money be the basis of your decisions.
- Give something away for free.
- Try a Georgian wine.
- Disconnect yourself from the Internet every now and then.
- Learn to be courageous, even in small moments.
- Don’t let friendships die. Make that phone call.
- Find moments to laugh uncontrollably.
- Visit a place you’ve never been to, even if it’s just down the street.
- Write a story. You’ll be shocked at the power of your imagination.
- Don’t let anyone change who you are.
Be yourself. Always.
- If in doubt, apologize.
- Stop putting things off. Take action immediately.
- Learn to be efficient.
- Don’t use food for comfort.
Smile no matter what.
- Be hungry, but be humble.
- Don’t let others write your life story.
- Find your passion and pursue it. Often it is the things we do in between work that we’re truly meant to be doing.
- Buy only what you need.
- Learn to be minimalistic. Remove clutter.
- Try out Vibram FiveFingers.
- Pick up a skipping rope. Don’t put it down until you figure out how to use it.
- Learn how to do a pull-up.
- Create a vision board.
- Keep your promises or don’t make them. Your word is your bond.
- Learn to split your goal into tiny little goals and purse them one at a time. It will give you the confidence to conquer the world.
- Make mistakes as often and as frequently as you can. Just don’t repeat them.
- Give it your all or don’t give anything at all.
- Your coffee is meant to be drank black.
- Listen to podcasts that interest you, not the radio.
Never stop learning.
- Treat your body with respect. You only have one.
- Go dancing as often as you can.
- Remember that the grass is not greener on the other side. It’s greener on the side that you water it.
- Find your purpose.
- Follow your dreams, or you’ll end up getting hired to help build someone else’s.
- Listen to some good tunes as often as you can.
- Understand that there is something to be learned from everyone.
- Refrain from making judgements.
- Be creative. Your imagination is your most magical gift. Use it.
- Walk as much as you can.
- Try yoga. It will change your life.
- Be curious in every situation.
- Give away as much as you can. It will come back in boatloads.
- Have a meaningful conversation with someone.
- Learn as much as you can about how your body works. It will help you fix it when it’s in trouble.
- Understand that pain is a message from your body telling you that something is wrong. Listen to your body. Don’t silence it with pain killers.
- Eat more nuts.
- Get an Omega-3 supplement and use it regularly.
- Stop waiting.
- Don’t judge food before you try it. You’ll more than likely be pleasantly surprised.
- Minimize your consumption of sugar.
Find a mentor.
- Never worry about money when it comes to quality food and quality education.
- Take pictures of your food. It will make your more aware of the choices you’re making.
- Don’t think that being skinny means you’re healthy.
- Put your health ahead of everything.
- Never stop exploring.
- Use a foam roller. Your soft tissues will thank you.
- Lift something heavy every now and then, but only with good technique.
- Take care of your back. Once it’s damaged you’ll wish you had it back (pun intended?).
- Take pleasure in simple things.
- Tell someone you love them before it’s too late.
- Take risks while you can. Regret is a bit*h!
- Stretch as often as you can. Flexibility is underrated.
- It’s cool to take a break every now and then, even if it’s just for two minutes.
- Don’t burn your bridges. You may need to walk back across them at some point.
- Make decisions quickly and make changes as you go.
- Have a glass of water first thing every morning.
There you have it – 100 little things you can do to better yourself.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d love it if you would take a moment to share it.
And if you have your own little thing that you do to better yourself, please share it in the comments below! Let’s push this list past 100!
If you liked this post, subscribe to the Bloom to Fit newsletter. It’s free and you’ll get exclusive tips and updates. Plus I’ll throw in a free gift, just for you.