Welcome to Bloom to Fit and the Getting Started page!
This is a unique health and fitness site dedicated to helping average people build better bodies and pursue more fulfilling lives. This is a community. A place to be informed and entertained. It is here where you begin your journey to building a better body for life.
Please take a moment to watch this short two minute video first to see what we’re all about:
Note: if the video isn’t showing, please refresh the page and watch magic happen.
My mission at Bloom to Fit is simple: to help you build a better body so you can live a better, more fulfilling life.
But the wordbetter is a little vague, so please allow me to explain.
When I talk about building a better body, I’m referring to building something more than just a better looking body.
It goes way deeper than that.
I’m talking about building a stronger, more structurally sound body that is capable of supporting you in all the activities you choose to take part in.
A better body is one that moves with ease. One that is full of energy. That defies the notion of time. I’m talking about building a body that you feel comfortable in. One that requires little maintenance but runs at maximum efficiency.
And, while not a primary concern, aesthetic improvements just happen to be an awesome byproduct.
Our Toxic Environment
We live in a world where our environment and our surroundings are not apt for what our bodies have been designed for.
Our bodies were built to move. To procreate. To survive.
Our bodies were NOT designed to spend 40-50 hours a week in a chair. They were not designed to wear shoes or sandals. They were not designed to run on fast foods and processed foods. They were not built to take on chronic stress or go weeks without intense movement.
Yet this is what happens.
This is the world we live in.
And there are consequences associated with that.
Years of inefficient biomechanical patterns and poor food choices have made our bodies weak and structurally imbalanced. Although we may not feel it, our bodies are plagued with a great number of structural and digestive flaws. If these flaws are left untreated – that is, if we don’t make some strategic changes to the way we fuel and train our bodies – we will begin to develop chronic injuries and diseases that will hold us back from doing the things we want to do in life.
And we are seeing more statistical proof of this each and every day.
But we are not hopeless. Armed with the right information and the right mindset, we have the power to reverse the negative effects our mis-designed world has plagued our bodies with.
Armed with the right information, we have the power to make better decisions for our health and future.
And, yes, it all comes down to the choices we make.
Who is Bloom to Fit for?
Here’s the deal.
Building a better body is a life-long journey.
There are no magic pills or fancy potions you can take that will give you a better body overnight. There are no big green buttons you can hit that will magically change your body.
If this is what you’re looking for, you’re most definitely in the wrong place. You might as well hit that back button right now.
There are no quick-fixes in this world when it comes to your health.
It comes down to making good choices and taking consistent action. It comes down to doing something small every single day that will make you better than you were yesterday. It comes down to persistence. Patience. And courage to do the things that make you uncomfortable.
Building a better body is a journey.
I hope you’re ready.
At Bloom to Fit, we like to do two things:
1 – Educate
Armed with the right information, you in turn have the ability to make better decisions.
Providing you with actionable, useful, and somewhat entertaining advice is my first priority. I want to give you what you need to build a better body in the most practical and effective manner that I can. I have new posts and videos up on a weekly basis and I encourage you to scroll down to check out some of the most popular ones.
2 – Motivate
In one of my surveys, I ask readers what is the one thing that’s holding them back from achieving what they want in life. One of the most common answers is lack of motivation.
Here at B2F, we have a unique approach to motivating our readers to build better bodies. We regularly hold (completely free) 30 day challenges to inspire people to take action. Our challenges have been incredibly successful so far, drawing in and motivating hundreds of participants to take action and do amazing things.
Content to Start With
This is only a fraction of the content that you’ll find on Bloom to Fit, but it’s a good place to start. Remember, if you’d like to be notified of all the new content that goes live on the blog, please join the Bloom to Fit Insider’s Area. It’s free!
Posts on Training
- Jump Rope Manifesto: Complete Guide to Skipping Rope
- Kettlebell Training Manifesto: A Beginner’s Guide to Kettlebell Training
- Sprint Training: Why Sprinting is Absolutely Crucial
- The Power of Results: How to Effectively Track your Progress
- How to Build a Simple Home Gym (Bloom to Fit Style)
- Jump Rope Training: The Beauty and Power of Heavy Jump Ropes
- Bioenergetics: How your Body Shifts Between Energy Systems
- Stop with the Crunches and Step away from the Sandwich
- How I Gained 19lbs of Muscle in 8 Weeks
- How I Lost 15lbs of Fat in 5 Weeks
- The Plank Exercise – Most Effective Core Exercise
- Why Exercise Can Make You Fat
Posts on Nutrition
- Taste Buds, Mad Scientists, and the Truth Behind your Sugar Cravings
- Food Indulging: The Hard and Unfortunate Truth About Treating Ourselves
- What Rats and Squirrels can Teach us About Getting Fat
- Why you Can’t Resist the Food That’s in Front of You
- How a Change in your Environment can help you Demolish your Cravings
- Nutrition Data – Everything you Need to Know About Your Food
- Intermittent Fasting for Beginners: The Complete Guide [Part 1]
- Intermittent Fasting for Beginners: The Complete Guide [Part 2]
Posts on Mobility, Flexibility, and Soft Tissue Work
- Interval Sitting, Micro-Breaks, and the Myth of Perfect Posture
- Foam Rolling Exercises for a Better Body: Your Foam Roller Guide
- What a Herniated Disc Taught me about Building a Better Body
- How I got caught Red-Handed doing Squats in the Bathroom
- How to Stretch Your Back with this Spinal Decompression Exercise
- Back Strengthening Exercises After Work: Countering the Effects of Sitting
- Myofascial Release for a Better Body
- How to Strengthen Ankles for Life
- Knee Strengthening Exercises to Tighten up your Suspension
Posts on Living a Better Life
- Introducing the List of Incredible Aspirations
- Attention Dreamers: What’s Holding you Back from Doing Incredible Things?
- 100 Little Things you can do to Better Yourself
- 20 Ways to Make Life MORE Awesome
Posts on Motivation
- Your Motivation Tool-Kit: Two Powerful Motivation Strategies
- 18 Motivational Strategies to help you Build a Better Body
- Why Lack of Time Should Never Hold you Back from Building a Better Body
Posts on Miscellaneous Topics
- 50+ Health and Fitness Books to Help you Build a Better Body
- Hack Your Schedule: 20 Simple Ways to Build a Better Body at Work
- Tough Mudder Challenge: Everything you need to Know
- Be Mindful, Be Aware, Be Happy
- The Build-a-Better-Body Virus is Spreading
Ongoing B2F Challenges
At Bloom to Fit, we love to run challenges. Every challenge typically runs 30 days and is designed to push you outside of your comfort zone, help you establish healthy habits, and hopefully even teach you something new. The following links will show you some of the cool stuff we’ve already done, but if you’d like to be notified of our upcoming challenges, please join the Bloom to Fit Insider’s Area. Again, it’s free
- How we Turned Over 500 Jump Rope Enthusiasts into Jump Rope Ninjas
- My 30 Day Intermittent Fasting Challenge
- 30 Day Jump Rope Challenge (or how 246 Jumpers Reached One Million Revolutions)
- 30 Day Kettlebell Swing Roundup Challenge
- How Much Water Should I Drink a Day? The Truth Behind Water Consumption
- Awesome Results from Visual Impact Bonus Phase
Before you start devouring through the content above (if you haven’t already), I’d like to kindly invite you to check out our Bloom to Fit Insider Area.
This is an exclusive area where I share insightful posts and content that are only offered to those on the inside. You’ll get weekly emails with practical information on nutrition, training, and living a better life. And it’s also a way for me to keep you updated with all the new things that are happening on the blog.
Also, if you join, I’ll hook you up with a free copy of my 27 page eBook called 50 Simple Tips to Build a Better Body. The eBook has been downloaded thousands of times and I’m constantly getting great feedback. It’s a great place to start your journey to a better body.
To sign up to the Bloom to Fit Insider Area, please enter your name and email address below:
I want to finish off by saying thank you for checking out Bloom to Fit.
I am truly passionate about helping people build better bodies so if you ever have a specific question or are in need of help at any point along your journey, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
Thank you for your support and if you’ve made it this far, I’d love for you to come say hi on the Bloom to Fit Facebook Page. I’d love to meet you!
To your better body,